Analyst calls: Bed Bath & Beyond downgraded
Boston Beer is initiated with a 'neutral,' and Target is downgraded to 'neutral.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Freeport McMoRan (FCX) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- HomeAway (AWAY) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- SandRidge Energy (SD) downgraded to Hold from Buy at KeyBanc
- Greenbrier (GBX) downgraded to Market Perform from Strong Buy at Raymond James
- AvalonBay (AVB) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Stifel Nicolaus
- Research in Motion (RIMM) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Hudson Square
- Target (TGT) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Cleveland Research
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- Abbott (ABT) initiated with an Outperform at William Blair
- BlackRock (BLK) initiated with an Overweight at JPMorgan
- Boston Beer (SAM) initiated with a Neutral at Citigroup
- Conceptus (CPTS) initiated with a Buy at Stifel Nicolaus
- DaVita (DVA) initiated with an Overweight at JPMorgan
- Molson Coors (TAP) initiated with a Neutral at Citigroup
- Patterson Companies (PDCO) initiated with a Buy at Stifel Nicolaus
- People's United (PBCT) initiated with an Underweight at Evercore
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
Try as the bears might, they couldn't break US stocks. But investors still face frothy prices and considerable headwinds.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.