Analyst calls: DeVry downgraded
MetroPCS is upgraded to 'outperform,' and J.C. Penney is initiated at 2 firms.
Tuesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Goodyear Tire (GT) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at Goldman
- Motorola Solutions (MSI) upgraded to Market Perform from Underperform at FBR Capital
- Talisman Energy (TLM) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Canaccord
- MetroPCS (PCS) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- American Tower (AMT) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Evercore
- Crown Castle (CCI) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Evercore
- DeVry (DV) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup, and to Perform from Outperform at Oppenheimer
- Fossil (FOSL) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at Piper Jaffray
- InterMune (ITMN) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Canaccord
- NRG Energy (NRG) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Wisconsin Energy (WEC) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- Avago (AVGO) initiated with a Buy at Canaccord
- Darden (DRI) initiated with a Buy at Davenport
- J.C. Penney (JCP) initiated with a Neutral at Atlantic Equities, and with an Outperform at Oppenheimer
- Liberty Interactive (LINTA) initiated with a Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Magnum Hunter (MHR) initiated with a Buy at Citigroup
- Red Robin (RRGB) initiated with a Buy at Davenport, and with a Hold at Miller Tabak
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
After enjoying a smooth rise in stock prices since May, investors are about to be hit with another bout of volatility.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.