Analyst calls: JC Penney downgraded to 'neutral'
Sprint is upgraded to 'buy,' while Coca-Cola is downgraded to 'neutral.'
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Campbell Soup (CPB) upgraded to Conviction Buy from Sell at Goldman
- J.M. Smucker (SJM) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- ConocoPhillips (COP) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Societe Generale
- Google (GOOG) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- International Paper (IP) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Ross Stores (ROST) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- Sprint (S) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Coca-Cola (KO) downgraded to Neutral from Conviction Buy at Goldman
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- Pandora (P) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Cardtronics (CATM) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- Syntel (SYNT) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- Veeco (VECO) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- J.C. Penney (JCP) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at Piper Jaffray
- Time Warner (TWX) downgraded to Average from Above Average at Caris
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
Paying employees higher wages and giving better benefits isn't actually costing some companies more money.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.