Analyst calls: Apple downgraded
Netflix is both upgraded and downgraded, and SanDisk is upgraded to 'buy.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- ASML (ASML) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) upgraded to Outperform from Perform at Oppenheimer
- CSX (CSX) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Dillard's (DDS) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Emerson (EMR) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Netflix (NFLX) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Lazard Capital
- Ross Stores (ROST) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Tenet Healthcare (THC) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Raymond James
- SanDisk (SNDK) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Needham
- Randgold Resources (GOLD) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- UPS (UPS) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Allegheny Technologies (ATI) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Altera (ALTR) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at William Blair
- Apple (AAPL) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- Coach (COH) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at ISI Group
- Energizer (ENR) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at BMO Capital
- Netflix (NFLX) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Safeway (SWY) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- Tiffany (TIF) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Canaccord
- Veeco (VECO) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at UBS
- Flowserve (FLS) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Wedbush
- Air Products (APD) downgraded to Neutral from Positive at Susquehanna
- Rock-Tenn (RKT) downgraded to Underperform from Outperform at CLSA
- IAMGOLD (IAG) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Stifel Nicolaus
- AbbVie (ABBV) downgraded to Neutral from Long-Term Buy at Hilliard Lyons
- Clorox (CLX) initiated with an Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Colgate-Palmolive (CL) initiated with an Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Expedia (EXPE) initiated with a Buy at Ascendiant Capital
- Kimberly Clark (KMB) initiated with an Underperform at Credit Suisse
- Procter & Gamble (PG) initiated with a Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Splunk (SPLK) initiated with an Outperform at BMO Capital
- LINN Energy (LINE) initiated with an Outperform at Howard Weil
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
With Europe mired in recession, China faltering, commodities declining and stocks looking vulnerable, investors seeking safety will look to the greenback.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.