Analyst calls: Housing stocks upgraded, energy stocks downgraded
Builders get upgraded at Raymond James, as do several energy stocks at Barclays.
- Anadarko (APC) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- Nexen (NXY) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- Cenovus Energy (CVE) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- Transocean (RIG) upgraded to Hold from Trim at Tudor Pickering
- Navistar (NAV) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at Goldman
- Toll Brothers (TOL) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Raymond James
- D.R. Horton (DHI) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Raymond James
- Lennar (LEN) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Raymond James
- Calpine (CPN) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- Southwestern Energy (SWN) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Barclays
- Vulcan Materials (VMC) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- Transocean (RIG) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Argus
- Bio-Rad (BIO) downgraded to Outperform from Buy at CLSA
Noteworthy initiations include:
- ConAgra (CAG) initiated with a Buy at Janney Capital
- AK Steel (AKS) initiated with an Underperform at Macquarie
- US Steel (X) initiated with an Underperform at Macquarie
- Freeport McMoRan (FCX) initiated with an Outperform at Macquarie
- Johnson Controls (JCI) initiated with an Outperform at RBC Capital
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
These hot movers could rise by double digits in coming months.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.