Analyst calls: Starbucks upgraded to 'outperform'
Juniper and Wendy's are downgraded, while Transocean is upgraded.
Friday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- J.C. Penney (JCP) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- U.S. Bancorp (USB) upgraded to Neutral from Underweight at Atlantic Equities
- Starbucks (SBUX) upgraded to Outperform from Underperform at CLSA
- Transocean (RIG) upgraded to Add from Neutral at Capital One
- J.C. Penney (JCP) downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform at BMO Capital
- Cliffs Natural (CLF) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Credit Suisse
- McDonald's (MCD) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Bernstein
- American Electric (AEP) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Nucor (NUE) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Juniper (JNPR) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Morgan Keegan
- Wendy's (WEN) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at UBS
- Morgan Stanley (MS) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at Atlantic Equities
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
Serious issues like drought and the deterioration of the developed world spell opportunity for this industry leader.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.