Analyst calls: JetBlue upgraded to 'buy'
TiVo is downgraded to 'neutral,' and Facebook is initiated with a 'buy.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Altera (ALTR) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Coinstar (CSTR) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Canaccord
- Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Forest Labs (FRX) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Leerink
- JetBlue (JBLU) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS
- SunTrust (STI) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Zynga (ZNGA) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at RW Baird
- Amylin (AMLN) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at RW Baird
- C.H. Robinson (CHRW) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at FBR Capital
- Cliffs Natural (CLF) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- Elan (ELN) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at UBS
- Finish Line (FINL) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Sterne Agee
- TiVo (TIVO) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Lazard Capital
- TSMC (TSM) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- United Microelectronic (UMC) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- AMD (AMD) initiated with an Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Analog Devices (ADI) initiated with an Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Intel (INTC) initiated with an Underweight at Morgan Stanley
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) initiated with an Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- SanDisk (SNDK) initiated with an Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- NVIDIA (NVDA) initiated with an Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- NCR Corp. (NCR) initiated with an Outperform at RBC Capital
- Red Hat (RHT) initiated with a Buy at Mizuho
- BMC Software (BMC) initiated with a Neutral at Mizuho
- CA Technologies (CA) initiated with a Buy at Mizuho
- Facebook (FB) initiated with a Buy at Topeka
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
Try as the bears might, they couldn't break U.S. stocks. But investors still face frothy prices and considerable headwinds.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.