Analyst calls: Groupon upgraded
Cliffs Natural is downgraded to 'hold,' and Darden is initiated with an 'underperform.'
Wednesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Avon Products (AVP) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at UBS, and to Buy from Neutral at B. Riley Caris
- Comcast (CMCSA) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Groupon (GRPN) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Sterne Agee
- Molina Healthcare (MOH) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Philip Morris (PM) upgraded to Neutral from Reduce at Nomura
- Buckeye Partners (BPL) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Argus
- Clearwire (CLWR) downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform at Raymond James
- Cliffs Natural (CLF) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Fossil (FOSL) downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform at FBR Capital, and to Outperform from Buy at CLSA
- Gartner (IT) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Barclays
- Heinz (HNZ) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at UBS
- Wellpoint (WLP) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Monness Crespi
- Dell (DELL) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Maxim
- Kosmos (KOS) downgraded to Accumulate from Buy at Global Hunter
- Rackspace (RAX) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Stifel Nicolaus
- Darden (DRI) initiated with an Underperform at CLSA
- Fortune Brands (FBHS) initiated with an Overweight at Barclays
- Piedmont Natural Gas (PNY) initiated with a Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Pioneer Natural (PXD) initiated with an Outperform at Credit Suisse
- SandRidge Energy (SD) initiated with a Neutral at Credit Suisse
- USG (USG) initiated with an Overweight at Barclays
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
3 stocks will be in the spotlight Thursday as investors try to make sense of the numbers from the sector.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.