Analyst calls: Heineken upgraded to 'buy'
Dahlman Rose downgrades steel companies, and Whole Foods is initiated with an 'outperform.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Anworth Mortgage (ANH) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Sterne Agee
- L-3 Communications (LLL) upgraded to Sector Perform from Underperform at RBC Capital
- Heineken (HINKY) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Credit Suisse (CS) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- AK Steel (AKS) downgraded to Sell from Hold at Dahlman Rose
- ArcelorMittal (MT) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Dahlman Rose
- Nucor (NUE) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Dahlman Rose
- Steel Dynamics (STLD) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Dahlman Rose
- U.S. Steel (X) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Dahlman Rose
- Health Care REIT (HCN) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at UBS
- Northrop Grumman (NOC) downgraded to Underperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Safeway (SWY) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- CGG Veritas (CGV) initiated with a Buy at Dahlman Rose
- Caterpillar (CAT) initiated with an Outperform at CLSA
- Joy Global (JOY) initiated with an Underperform at CLSA
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS) initiated with an Overweight at Barclays
- Reliance Steel (RS) initiated with a Buy at UBS
- Salix (SLXP) initiated with a Hold at WallachBeth
- The Fresh Market (TFM) initiated with a Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Whole Foods (WFM) initiated with an Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Towerstream (TWER) initiated with a Buy at DA Davidson
- Clearwire (CLWR) initiated with a Neutral at DA Davidson
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
Fed keeps important 'considerable time' language in reference to short-term interest rates, but dissents and dots leave doubts.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.