Analyst calls: Walgreen upgraded
Amgen is downgraded to 'perform,' and 3M is downgraded to 'hold.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Ingersoll-Rand (IR) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Walgreen (WAG) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- Celanese (CE) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies
- CIT Group (CIT) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Akamai (AKAM) upgraded to Buy from Outperform at CLSA
- 3M Company (MMM) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Amgen (AMGN) downgraded to Perform from Outperform at Oppenheimer
- CVS Caremark (CVS) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- DirecTV (DTV) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- Joy Global (JOY) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- Dollar Tree (DLTR) initiated with an Overweight at JP Morgan
- Apple (AAPL) initiated with a Buy at Mizuho
- Dell (DELL) initiated with a Buy at Mizuho
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) initiated with a Neutral at Mizuho
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
Bill Stiritz owns more than 5% of the company, and has experienced an estimated $145 million in paper losses on his investment.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.