Analyst calls: Merck is upgraded to 'buy'
Delta, United are initiated at Goldman with a 'sell,' and Tyson Foods is downgraded to 'underperform' at BofA/Merrill.
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Chevron (CVX) upgraded to Neutral from Underweight at JPMorgan
- Disney (DIS) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Merck (MRK) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup
- SunPower (SPWR) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- Amerigroup (AGP) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Dominion (D) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at Atlantic Equities
- Family Dollar (FDO) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at BofA/Merril
- Smithfield Foods (SFD) downgraded to Underperform from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- Tyson Foods (TSN) downgraded to Underperform from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- Hormel Foods (HRL) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Janney Capital
- JA Solar (JASO) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at Piper Jaffray
- LDK Solar (LDK) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- Trina Solar (TSL) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at Piper Jaffray
- Yingli Green (YGE) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at Piper Jaffray
- Statoil (STO) downgraded to Reduce from Neutral at Nomura
- SuperValu (SVU) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Longbow, and to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- Lexmark (LXK) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- Burger King (BKW) initiated with an Overweight at Piper Jaffray
- Dunkin' Brands (DNKN) initiated with an Overweight at Piper Jaffray
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) initiated with a Sell at Goldman
- JetBlue (JBLU) initiated with a Neutral at Goldman
- Southwest (LUV) initiated with a Neutral at Goldman
- United Continental (UAL) initiated with a Sell at Goldman
- Valero Energy (VLO) initiated with an Outperform at Wells Fargo
- CVS Caremark (CVS) initiated with an Overweight at ISI Group
- Walgreen (WAG) initiated with an Underweight at ISI Group
- athenahealth (ATHN) initiated with an Overweight at ISI Group
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
All hail the bull market, which ended the week with a big rally. But it also is starting to look a little like 1987, which suffered an epic blow-out.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.