Analyst calls: Dell downgraded
Mosaic is upgraded to 'buy,' and Yahoo is downgraded to 'underperform.'
Wednesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Mosaic (MOS) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Canaccord
- Blackstone (BX) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- Urban Outfitters (URBN) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO Capital
- Lions Gate (LGF) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Miller Tabak
- Yahoo! (YHOO) downgraded to Underperform from Buy at CLSA
- Dell (DELL) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Needham, and to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
- Newfield Exploration (NFX) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup, and to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Medtronic (MDT) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Philip Morris (PM) downgraded to Reduce from Neutral at Nomura
- Barclays (BCS) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- Medco Health (MHS) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- BlackRock (BLK) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- PG&E (PCG) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Gilead (GILD) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Bernstein
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) initiated with a Buy at Capstone
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
After enjoying a smooth rise in stock prices since May, investors are about to be hit with another bout of volatility.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.