Gildan Activewear has active price momentum
This company has growth in sales and earnings, so I'm adding its stock to my Wall Street Survivor portfolio.
I was looking at stocks that have had and are expected to have double-digit growth in sales and earnings and are currently having positive price momentum as measured by Barchart technical indicators.
I found Gildan Activewear (GIL), a company that has over 60% market share in its niche. It makes the blank T-shirts and sweat shirts that all the other companies print on. The sales, earnings and price appreciation have been great.
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- 9 new highs and up 16.12% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.44% and rising
- Trades at 36.38 with a 50 day moving average of 32.13
- Wall Street analysts have 4 strong buy, 6 buy and 13 hold recommendations released
- Sales are projected to increase by 26.90% this year and 18.40% next year
- Earnings are forecasted to increase by 13.20%n this year, 21.20% next year and continue by 14.20% annually for the next 5 years
- For an unknown stock it has a larger following than I expected with 356 investors voting an opinion on Motley Fool
- CAPS members vote 243 to 13 that the stock will out perform the market
- The All Stars agree with a vote of 99 to 2 -- That's pretty positive
- Market share leader
- Double digit increase in sales and earnings
- Recent and positive price momentum
- Growing following both from Wall Street and the general investing public
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
The stock is expensive and the guidance is weak -- not an appetizing combination.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.