Analyst calls: 3M upgraded to 'buy'
Viacom is downgraded to 'equal weight,' and Cracker Barrel is downgraded to 'hold.'
Friday's noteworthy upgrades:
- 3M (MMM) upgraded to Buy from Underperform at BofA/Merrill
- HollyFrontier (HFC) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Plum Creek Timber (PCL) upgraded to Neutral from Underperform at BofA/Merrill
- Cracker Barrel (CBRL) downgraded to Hold from Buy at KeyBanc
- Level 3 (LVLT) downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform at Raymond James
- Quest Diagnostics (DGX) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Trina Solar (TSL) downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform at Raymond James
- Viacom (VIA.B) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Evercore
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Stocks are facing some serious resistance as the bears tear into the market's respite.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.