Analyst calls: BP upgraded
Meanwhile, smaller rival ConocoPhillips is downgraded to 'hold.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- EMC (EMC) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JP Morgan
- BP (BP) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies
- Urban Outfitters (URBN) upgraded to Neutral from Underperform at Wedbush
Thursday's noteworthy downgrades include:
- Covidien (COV) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Encana (ECA) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- ConocoPhillips (COP) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at Piper Jaffray
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
These hot movers could rise by double digits in coming months.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.