Analyst calls: Bed Bath & Beyond upgraded
JA Solar is downgraded to 'sell,' and Joy Global is downgraded to 'neutral.'
Wednesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Apache (APA) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Baker Hughes (BHI) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies
- Citrix Systems (CTXS) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- ConocoPhillips (COP) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- Salesforce.com (CRM) upgraded to Conviction Buy from Buy at Goldman
- Informatica (INFA) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Forest Labs (FRX) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Argus
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Nomura
- Chevron (CVX) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Barclays
- Joy Global (JOY) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Occidental Petroleum (OXY) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Sterne Agee
- Intuit (INTU) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Microsoft (MSFT) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank (Microsoft owns and publishes Top Stocks, an MSN Money site.)
- VMware (VMW) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- US Airways (LCC) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Trina Solar (TSL) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- JA Solar (JASO) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- Bank of Ireland (IRE) initiated with an Underweight at HSBC
- Workday (WDAY) initiated with a Market Perform at FBR Capital
- Carlyle Group (CG) initiated with a Buy at Sandler O'Neill
- Travelers (TRV) initiated with a Neutral at Nomura
- Aon plc (AON) initiated with a Neutral at Nomura
- Allstate (ALL) initiated with a Neutral at Nomura
- AIG (AIG) initiated with a Neutral at Nomura
- ACE Ltd. (ACE) initiated with a Buy at Nomura
- First Solar (FSLR) coverage assumed with a Sell at Maxim
- Standard Pacific (SPF) initiated with a Buy at BofA/Merrill
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Serious issues like drought and the deterioration of the developed world spell opportunity for this industry leader.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.