Analyst calls: Groupon initiated with a 'hold'
Vertex was upgraded to 'top pick,' while Children's Place was downgraded to 'neutral.'
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- BMC Software (BMC) upgraded to Neutral from Underweight at JP Morgan
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) upgraded to Top Pick from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Lazard (LAZ) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- DTE Energy (DTE) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Torchmark (TMK) upgraded to Neutral from Underperform at Credit Suisse
- Pinnacle West (PNW) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Diamond Offshore (DO) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- Children's Place (PLCE) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Sterne Agee
- Hospira (HSP) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Bernstein
- Ctrip.com (CTRP) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Mizuho
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
The company is scrambling to protect its equities arm, which could face declining volume and revenue as competitors close the gap.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.