Analyst calls: Yahoo upgraded
Bristol-Myers is downgraded to 'neutral,' and Gap is initiated with an 'underperform.'
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Dean Foods (DF) upgraded to Buy from Hold at KeyBanc
- France Telecom (FTE) upgraded to Overweight from Underweight at Morgan Stanley
- Lexmark (LXK) upgraded to Equal Weight from Underweight at Barclays
- Merck (MRK) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Radian Group (RDN) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Keefe Bruyette
- Telefonica (TEF) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Yahoo (YHOO) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- U.S. Steel (X) upgraded to Neutral from Underperform at Longbow
- Nucor (NUE) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Longbow
- Microchip (MCHP) upgraded to Strong Buy from Buy at ISI Group
- ASML (ASML) downgraded to Underperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Aon Corp. (AON) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Bristol-Myers (BMY) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- Duke Energy (DUK) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at ISI Group
- Southern Company (SO) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
- Micron (MU) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Lazard Capital
- Universal Health (UHS) downgraded to Hold from Buy at WallachBeth
- Coach (COH) initiated with a Buy at Sterne Agee
- Fifth & Pacific (FNP) initiated with a Buy at Sterne Agee
- Gap (GPS) initiated with an Underperform at Sterne Agee
- Michael Kors (KORS) initiated with a Neutral at Sterne Agee
- Ross Stores (ROST) initiated with a Neutral at Sterne Agee
- TJX (TJX) initiated with a Buy at Sterne Agee
- Tiffany (TIF) initiated with a Neutral at Sterne Agee
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) initiated with a Buy at Sterne Agee
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Stocks are facing some serious resistance as the bears tear into the market's respite.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.