Analyst calls: Fortinet downgraded
Toll Brothers is upgraded to 'neutral,' and Nordstrom is initiated with a 'buy.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Adobe (ADBE) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at Goldman
- Boyd Gaming (BYD) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Lam Research (LRCX) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Cowen
- Toll Brothers (TOL) upgraded to Neutral from Negative at Susquehanna
Thursday's noteworthy downgrades include:
- Family Dollar (FDO) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Fortinet (FTNT) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- Microsoft (MSFT) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman (Microsoft owns and publishes Top Stocks, an MSN Money site.)
- Broadcom (BRCM) downgraded to Underweight from Overweight at Barclays
- Barrick Gold (ABX) downgraded to Hold from Buy at TD Securities
- Adobe (ADBE) initiated with an Overweight at Evercore
- Kraft Foods (KRFT) initiated with a Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Mondelez (MDLZ) initiated with an Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Simon Property (SPG) initiated with a Market Perform at BMO Capital
- Xerox (XRX) initiated with an Overweight at Piper Jaffray
- Tiffany (TIF) initiated with a Buy at Topeka
- Gap (GPS) initiated with a Buy at Topeka
- Nordstrom (JWN) initiated with a Buy at Topeka
- American Eagle (AEO) initiated with a Buy at Topeka
- Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) initiated with a Hold at Topeka
- Pacific Sunwear (PSUN) initiated with a Hold at Topeka
- Aeropostale (ARO) initiated with a Hold at Topeka
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
New study finds members of this global elite are stashing an average $600 million each in cash -- 10 times more than a year ago.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.