Analyst calls: Groupon initiated at several banks
Avon is upgraded after its CEO is ousted, while Best Buy is both upgraded and downgraded.
Wednesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Avon Products (AVP) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO Capital
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) upgraded to Outperform from Underperform at Credit Suisse
- SunTrust (STI) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Bernstein
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS
- Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS
- Best Buy (BBY) upgraded to Buy from Above Average at Caris
- Digital Realty (DLR) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Bernstein
- Altria Group (MO) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Stifel Nicolaus
- Best Buy (BBY) downgraded to Sector Perform from Top Pick at RBC Capital
- Kohl's (KSS) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
'We're not exactly in a uniformly strong market,' says the notably pessimistic newsletter publisher.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.