Analyst calls: Panasonic upgraded
Teva is downgraded to 'market perform,' and Under Armour is initiated with an 'underweight.'
Wednesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Take-Two (TTWO) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- Towers Watson (TW) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at RW Baird
- 3D Systems (DDD) upgraded to Neutral from Underweight at JPMorgan
- Coinstar (CSTR) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Northland Securities
- Alpha Natural (ANR) upgraded to Accumulate from Hold at Tudor Pickering
- Arch Coal (ACI) upgraded to Buy from Accumulate at Tudor Pickering
- Panasonic (PC) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- Microsoft (MSFT) upgraded to Buy from Accumulate at Standpoint Research (Microsoft owns and publishes Top Stocks, an MSN Money site.)
- National Oilwell (NOV) downgraded to Outperform from Buy at CLSA
- Novartis (NVS) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Patterson-UTI Energy (PTEN) downgraded to Outperform from Buy at CLSA
- Seagate (STX) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Xcel Energy (XEL) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- Teva (TEVA) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Leerink
- Royal Caribbean (RCL) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Longbow
- Mondelez (MDLZ) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Argus
- Expedia (EXPE) initiated with a Neutral at Janney Capital
- Nike (NKE) initiated with a Neutral at JPMorgan
- OpenTable (OPEN) initiated with an Overweight at JPMorgan
- Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) initiated with a Buy at Janney Capital
- Under Armour (UA) initiated with an Underweight at JPMorgan
- Xcel Energy (XEL) initiated with a Neutral at Goldman
- Yelp (YELP) initiated with a Neutral at JPMorgan
- priceline.com (PCLN) initiated with a Neutral at Janney Capital
- Crane (CR) initiated with a Buy at Capstone
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
John Stumpf acknowledges that growth has been slow, but he says he's still optimistic.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.