Analyst calls: Starbucks upgraded at Goldman
Novo Nordisk is downgraded to 'sell,' and IBM is downgraded to 'neutral.'
Wednesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- AIG (AIG) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Bernstein
- Akamai (AKAM) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at DA Davidson
- Starbucks (SBUX) upgraded to Conviction Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- Biogen (BIIB) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- CSX (CSX) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Atlantic Equities
- Gap (GPS) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- Joy Global (JOY) upgraded to Buy from Hold at KeyBanc
- Norfolk Southern (NSC) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Southwest (LUV) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- SuperValu (SVU) upgraded to Neutral from Negative at Susquehanna
- Novo Nordisk (NVO) downgraded to Sell from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- IBM (IBM) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- Progressive (PGR) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- SanDisk (SNDK) downgraded to Outperform from Top Pick at RBC Capital
- Under Armour (UA) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Stifel Nicolaus
- United Continental (UAL) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Barclays
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
For years, Todd Mills pushed Frito-Lay to make taco shells from Doritos. He died from a brain tumor on Thanksgiving.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.