Analyst calls: Caterpillar upgraded to 'buy'
Home Depot and Lowe's are upgraded to 'overweight,' and Chesapeake is downgraded to 'neutral.'
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Caterpillar (CAT) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill, and to Buy from Neutral at Longbow
- Home Depot (HD) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- Lowe's (LOW) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- Linear Technology (LLTC) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Longbow, and to Buy from Neutral at Nomura
- PPG Industries (PPG) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup
- United Microelectronic (UMC) upgraded to Equal Weight from Underweight at Barclays
- Chesapeake (CHK) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
- Infosys (INFY) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank, and to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- Marathon Petroleum (MPC) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- SCANA (SCG) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- Madison Square Garden (MSG) downgraded to Negative from Neutral at Susquehanna
- Cadence Design (CDNS) initiated with an Overweight at Piper Jaffray
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Shares of Plug Power took a beating Tuesday after an analyst listed the fair value of the stock at 50 cents.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.