Analyst calls: Caterpillar upgraded to 'buy'
Home Depot and Lowe's are upgraded to 'overweight,' and Chesapeake is downgraded to 'neutral.'
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Caterpillar (CAT) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill, and to Buy from Neutral at Longbow
- Home Depot (HD) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- Lowe's (LOW) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- Linear Technology (LLTC) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Longbow, and to Buy from Neutral at Nomura
- PPG Industries (PPG) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup
- United Microelectronic (UMC) upgraded to Equal Weight from Underweight at Barclays
- Chesapeake (CHK) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
- Infosys (INFY) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank, and to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- Marathon Petroleum (MPC) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- SCANA (SCG) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- Madison Square Garden (MSG) downgraded to Negative from Neutral at Susquehanna
- Cadence Design (CDNS) initiated with an Overweight at Piper Jaffray
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.