Analyst calls: Apple upgraded
Wal-Mart and McDonald's are downgraded to 'hold,' and Intuitive Surgical is initiated with an 'outperform.'
Wednesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- ARM Holdings (ARMH) upgraded to Hold from Underperform at Jefferies
- Aeropostale (ARO) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Janney Capital
- Apple (AAPL) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at Scotia Capital
- Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- C.R. Bard (BCR) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Raymond James
- Domino's Pizza (DPZ) upgraded to Neutral from Underperform at BofA/Merrill
- J.C. Penney (JCP) upgraded to Market Perform from Underperform at BMO Capital
- STMicroelectronics (STM) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Societe Generale
- US Steel (X) upgraded to Neutral from Underperform at Macquarie
- PPL Corp. (PPL) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at FBR Capital
- Symantec (SYMC) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- Progressive (PGR) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Wal-Mart (WMT) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Argus
- McDonald's (MCD) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Argus
- Baxter (BAX) initiated with an Outperform at Raymond James
- Becton Dickinson (BDX) initiated with a Market Perform at Raymond James
- Covidien (COV) coverage transferred with a Strong Buy at Raymond James
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) initiated with an Outperform at Raymond James
- KB Home (KBH) initiated with an In-Line at Imperial Capital
- Vornado (VNO) initiated with an In-Line at Imperial Capital
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
The company has made at least 4 acquisitions in the space, and few people have paid any attention.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.