Bed Bath and Beyond seems well managed
Retail is in recovery, so I'm adding BBBY to hlep my portfolio recover.
I try not to be an impulse shopper, but as I wander the store I sometimes find bargains I didn't expect and can't pass up. Today I can't pass up the stock.
Same-store sales are up 7% year over year. The company is on target to add 40 new stores this year and another 40 to 50 next year. Margin squeezes have been offset by savings in SG&A so I think this looks like a well managed company. The price is on a roll.
- 96% Barchart technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- 11 new highs and up 25.10% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 80.94% and climbing
- Trades around 57.02 with a 50 day moving average of 49.28
- Wall Street brokerage analysts are high on this stock
- They have published 9 strong buy, 2 buy and 14 hold recommendations
- Sales are expected to increase by 7.40% this year and 7.00% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase by 15.30% this year, 14.40% next year and 13.41% next 5 years
- Stock is widely followed on Motley Fool with 1636 individual investors giving an opinion
- CAPS members vote 988 to 202 that the stock will beat the market
- The more experienced All Stars vote the same way by 402 to 44
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
CNBC host Jim Cramer says stocks should be crushed by global turmoil. Instead, they're doing fine.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.