Analyst calls: Starbucks upgraded to 'buy'
Nasdaq is downgraded at 2 firms, and Dendreon is initiated with an 'underperform.'
Wednesday's noteworthy upgrades:
- Aeropostale (ARO) upgraded to Outperform from In-Line at Imperial Capital
- Applied Materials (AMAT) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at Goldman
- Blackstone (BX) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Sterne Agee
- Bunge (BG) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO Capital
- Securities Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Starbucks (SBUX) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Warnaco (WRC) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Brean Murray
- Williams Partners (WPZ) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Total (TOT) upgraded to Hold from Sell at Canaccord
- BP (BP) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Canaccord
- Dell (DELL) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Mizuho
- FirstEnergy (FE) downgraded to Underperform from Hold at Jefferies
- NASDAQ (NDAQ) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank, and to Market Perform from Outperform at Raymond James
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
All hail the bull market, which ended the week with a big rally. But it also is starting to look a little like 1987, which suffered an epic blow-out.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.