Analyst calls: JC Penney downgraded
TSMC is upgraded to 'conviction buy,' and Garmin is downgraded to 'sell.'
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Comerica (CMA) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at Citigroup
- Disney (DIS) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Navistar (NAV) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at RW Baird
- TripAdvisor (TRIP) upgraded to Overweight from Underweight at Morgan Stanley
- Arch Coal (ACI) upgraded to Market Perform from Underperform at BMO Capital
- Alpha Natural (ANR) upgraded to Market Perform from Underperform at BMO Capital
- TSMC (TSM) upgraded to Conviction Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- Atlantic Power (AT) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Desjardins
- NYSE Euronext (NYX) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Stifel Nicolaus
- Caterpillar (CAT) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- Garmin (GRMN) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- J.C. Penney (JCP) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- Vertex (VRTX) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Bristol-Meyers (BMY) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at BMO Capital
- Petrobras (PBR) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- Hess Corp. (HES) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Howard Weil
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
Plus, after much ado, Softbank is oh-so-close to acquiring Sprint.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.