Analyst calls: Dean Foods upgraded
Cree is downgraded to 'neutral,' and Zale is initiated with an 'overweight.'
Tuesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Allscripts (MDRX) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup
- Dean Foods (DF) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Janney Capital
- Fusion-io (FIO) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS
- Wellpoint (WLP) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies
- Applied Materials (AMAT) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at Pacific Crest
- Weyerhaeuser (WY) upgraded to Strong Buy from Outperform at Raymond James
- Cree (CREE) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Sterne Agee
- KB Home (KBH) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Raymond James
- Ryland Group (RYL) downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform at Raymond James
- Vivus (VVUS) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Lazard Capital
- CBS (CBS) initiated with an Outperform at BMO Capital
- Disney (DIS) initiated with an Outperform at BMO Capital
- Monster Beverage (MNST) initiated with an Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- News Corp. (NWSA) initiated with a Market Perform at BMO Capital
- Time Warner (TWX) initiated with a Market Perform at BMO Capital
- Viacom (VIA.B) initiated with a Market Perform at BMO Capital
- Blue Nile (NILE) initiated with an Equal Weight at Stephens
- Fossil (FOSL) initiated with an Equal Weight at Stephens
- Zale (ZLC) initiated with an Overweight at Stephens
- CarMax (KMX) initiated with a Buy at Nomura
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
The apparel chain takes a hard hit after blaming the weather for its quarterly sales decline. But cold temperatures don't explain the drop in full-year sales as well.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.