Analyst calls: Safeway upgraded to 'buy'
VMware and Akamai are downgraded, while Regions Financial is initiated with 'market perform.'
Friday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Citrix Systems (CTXS) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup
- Safeway (SWY) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies
- Children's Place (PLCE) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at William Blair
- VMware (VMW) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Citigroup
- McDermott (MDR) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- JDA Software (JDAS) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at JMP Securities
- Akamai (AKAM) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at DA Davidson
- Charles Schwab (SCHW) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Dr Pepper Snapple (DPS) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Canadian National (CNI) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at JP Morgan
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
Demand for the two metals is growing while mining supply declines.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.