Analyst calls: Safeway upgraded to 'buy'
VMware and Akamai are downgraded, while Regions Financial is initiated with 'market perform.'
Friday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Citrix Systems (CTXS) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup
- Safeway (SWY) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies
- Children's Place (PLCE) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at William Blair
- VMware (VMW) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Citigroup
- McDermott (MDR) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- JDA Software (JDAS) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at JMP Securities
- Akamai (AKAM) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at DA Davidson
- Charles Schwab (SCHW) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Dr Pepper Snapple (DPS) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Canadian National (CNI) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at JP Morgan
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Serious issues like drought and the deterioration of the developed world spell opportunity for this industry leader.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.