Analyst calls: Safeway upgraded to 'buy'
VMware and Akamai are downgraded, while Regions Financial is initiated with 'market perform.'
Friday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Citrix Systems (CTXS) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup
- Safeway (SWY) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies
- Children's Place (PLCE) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at William Blair
- VMware (VMW) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Citigroup
- McDermott (MDR) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- JDA Software (JDAS) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at JMP Securities
- Akamai (AKAM) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at DA Davidson
- Charles Schwab (SCHW) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Dr Pepper Snapple (DPS) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Canadian National (CNI) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at JP Morgan
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
Stocks drift lower and bonds are hit as investors await the Fed. Prepare for higher volatility this week.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.