Analyst calls: Target, Costco, Wal-Mart
UBS initiates Target with a 'buy' and Costco and Walmart with a 'neutral.'
Wednesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Dollar General (DG) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Duke Energy (DUK) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- Aon Corp. (AON) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- US Airways (LCC) upgraded to Buy from Fair Value at CRT Capital
- Marvell Technology (MRVL) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Craig-Hallum
- Talbots (TLB) upgraded to Neutral from Underperform at Wedbush
- Peabody Energy (BTU) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- PSEG (PEG) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Sprint (S) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- Allstate (ALL) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- Bank of Montreal (BMO) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- Fastenal (FAST) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at UBS
- Darden (DRI) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Argus
- JDSU (JDSU) initiated with a Buy at Jefferies
- Varian Medical (VAR) initiated with a Buy at Cantor
- Penske Automotive (PAG) initiated with a Buy at KeyBanc
- Target (TGT) initiated with a Buy at UBS
- Costco (COST) initiated with a Neutral at UBS
- Wal-Mart (WMT) initiated with a Neutral at UBS
- LinkedIn (LNKD) initiated with a Buy at Canaccord
- Google (GOOG) initiated with a Buy at Canaccord
- Pandora (P) initiated with a Hold at Canaccord
- Comerica (CMA) initiated with a Buy at Wunderlich.
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
Here's a list of ways to profit from the potential move from defensive to cyclical stocks.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.