Analyst calls: Research In Motion downgraded
Safeway is initiated with a 'sell,' while Carnival is upgraded.
Friday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Liberty Global (LBTYA) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JP Morgan
- Linear Technology (LLTC) upgraded to Outperform from Perform at Oppenheimer
- Amgen (AMGN) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at Goldman
- Carnival (CCL) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at HSBC
- Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Miller Tabak
- Research In Motion (RIMM) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at BMO Capital and to Hold from Buy at Brigantine
- Cablevision (CVC) downgraded to Underperform from Buy at BofA/Merrill and to Hold from Buy at ISI Group
- SAP (SAP) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- DirecTV (DTV) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at Atlantic Equities
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
The company is scrambling to protect its equities arm, which could face declining volume and revenue as competitors close the gap.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.