Analyst calls: Coach upgraded to 'buy'
UBS initiates Dell with a 'neutral' and Hewlett-Packard with a 'sell.'
Tuesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Amgen (AMGN) upgraded Buy from Sell at Lazard Capital
- Vivus (VVUS) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Lazard Capital
- Applied Materials (AMAT) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- Freescale (FSL) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- LSI Corp. (LSI) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- Coach (COH) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Canaccord
- Tyson Foods (TSN) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Stephens
- American Tower (AMT) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Atmel (ATML) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Federal Realty (FRT) downgraded to Underperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Gilead (GILD) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Lazard Capital
- LAN Airlines (LFL) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Smithfield Foods (SFD) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- BioMarin (BMRN) initiated with a Buy at Lazard Capital
- Pharmacyclics (PCYC) initiated with a Buy at Lazard Capital
- Questcor (QCOR) initiated with a Buy at Lazard Capital
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) initiated with a Buy at Lazard Capital
- Campbell Soup (CPB) initiated with a Hold at Jefferies
- Concur (CNQR) initiated with a Buy at Nomura
- Dell (DELL) initiated with a Neutral at UBS
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) initiated with a Sell at UBS
- Wal-Mart (WMT) initiated with an Overweight at Stephens
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
The apparel chain takes a hard hit after blaming the weather for its quarterly sales decline. But cold temperatures don't explain the drop in full-year sales as well.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.