Analyst calls: Merck, Oracle, Costco downgraded
Travelers is upgraded to 'conviction buy' at Goldman, while Akamai is downgraded to 'sell' at Citigroup.
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Broadcom (BRCM) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Comcast (CMCSA) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- Hartford Financial (HIG) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- MetLife (MET) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- Travelers (TRV) upgraded to Conviction Buy from Buy at Goldman
- Akamai (AKAM) upgraded to Hold from Underperform at Jefferies
- J.C. Penney (JCP) upgraded to Hold from Sell at Deutsche Bank
- Akamai (AKAM) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Citigroup
- Merck (MRK) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- XL Group (XL) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Unum Group (UNM) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Principal Financial (PFG) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- BlackRock (BLK) downgraded to Buy from Conviction Buy at Goldman
- Sunoco (SUN) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Brean Murray
- Oracle (ORCL) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at BMO Capital
- Costco (COST) downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform at Bernstein
- Tyson Foods (TSN) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Davenport
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
For years, Todd Mills pushed Frito-Lay to make taco shells from Doritos. He died from a brain tumor on Thanksgiving.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.