Analyst calls: Philip Morris upgraded to 'buy'
Safeway is downgraded to 'neutral' at Credit Suisse, and WABCO Holdings is initiated with a 'neutral' at Goldman.
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- DTE Energy (DTE) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- Wisconsin Energy (WEC) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- Philip Morris (PM) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Davenport
- Lorillard (LO) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Davenport
- Lions Gate (LGF) upgraded to Average from Below Average at Caris
- Baker Hughes (BHI) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Micron (MU) downgraded to Perform from Outperform at Oppenheimer
- Pearson (PSO) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- Safeway (SWY) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Weyerhaeuser (WY) downgraded to Underperform from Sector Perform at Scotia Capital
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
Try as the bears might, they couldn't break U.S. stocks. But investors still face frothy prices and considerable headwinds.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.