Analyst calls: Disney downgraded
Groupon is downgraded to 'equal weight,' while Isis Pharmaceuticals is upgraded to 'outperform.'
Friday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- 3M Company (MMM) upgraded to Neutral from Reduce at Nomura
- Concho Resources (CXO) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Stifel Nicolaus
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) upgraded to Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Cowen
- Kinross Gold (KGC) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- Marathon Oil (MRO) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- PSEG (PEG) upgraded to Hold from Sell at ISI Group
- Starbucks (SBUX) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Argus
- Allscripts (MDRX) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- Cisco (CSCO) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- Disney (DIS) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Janney Capital
- Groupon (GRPN) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- LG Display (LPL) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Topeka
- Tim Hortons (THI) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at BMO Capital
- Time Warner Cable (TWC) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Stifel Nicolaus
- ARIAD (ARIA) initiated with a Buy at Guggenheim
- Alexion (ALXN) initiated with a Buy at Guggenheim
- Amgen (AMGN) initiated with a Neutral at Guggenheim
- Biogen (BIIB) initiated with a Neutral at Guggenheim
- Celgene (CELG) initiated with a Buy at Guggenheim
- Cubist (CBST) initiated with a Neutral at Mizuho
- Forest Labs (FRX) initiated with a Buy at Mizuho
- Gilead (GILD) initiated with a Buy at Guggenheim
- Zale (ZLC) initiated with a Buy at Citigroup
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
People are spending more and more time in front of little screens, and these tech giants are capitalizing beautifully.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.