Analyst calls: Apple initiated with a 'buy'
Allegiant Travel is upgraded to 'buy,' and Dendreon is downgraded to 'underperform.'
Wednesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Allegiant Travel (ALGT) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- SAP (SAP) upgraded to Buy from Hold at ThinkEquity
- Wendy's (WEN) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Wedbush
- AMC Networks (AMCX) upgraded to Positive from Neutral at Susquehanna
- Alcoa (AA) downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform at BMO Capital
- BHP Billiton (BHP) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Dendreon (DNDN) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Duke Energy (DUK) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at UBS
- Syngenta (SYT) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at UBS
- HMS Holdings (HMSY) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- Office Depot (ODP) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Bernstein
- Staples (SPLS) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Bernstein
- Pinnacle West (PNW) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
- USG (USG) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Longbow
- Waste Management (WM) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Amazon.com (AMZN) initiated with a Market Perform at BMO Capital
- Apple (AAPL) initiated with a Buy at UBS
- EMC (EMC) initiated with a Buy at UBS
- IBM (IBM) initiated with a Neutral at UBS
- Juniper (JNPR) initiated with a Market Perform at JMP Securities
- Rex Energy (REXX) initiated with an Outperform at Wells Fargo
- ViroPharma (VPHM) initiated with a Market Perform at Wells Fargo
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
Try as the bears might, they couldn't break U.S. stocks. But investors still face frothy prices and considerable headwinds.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.