Analyst calls: Cisco upgraded to 'buy'
Applied Materials is downgraded to 'underperform,' and American Express is initiated with a 'neutral.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Kinder Morgan (KMI) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Wedbush
- Cisco (CSCO) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Davenport
- SINA (SINA) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- Applied Materials (AMAT) downgraded to Underperform from Outperform at CLSA
- GNC Holdings (GNC) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Staples (SPLS) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Citigroup
- American Express (AXP) initiated with a Neutral at Janney Capital
- Burger King (BKW) initiated with an Equal Weight at Barclays
- Cimarex Energy (XEC) initiated with an Outperform at Imperial Capital
- Energen (EGN) initiated with an Outperform at Imperial Capital
- Magnum Hunter (MHR) initiated with an Outperform at Imperial Capital
- Oasis Petroleum (OAS) initiated with an Outperform at Imperial Capital
- Pioneer Natural (PXD) initiated with an Outperform at Imperial Capital
- SM Energy (SM) initiated with an Outperform at Imperial Capital
- TransDigm (TDG) initiated with an Outperform at Imperial Capital
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
New legislation is allowing foreign companies to finally invest in the country's vast oil reserves.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.