Analyst calls: Amazon upgraded
McDonald's is downgraded to 'neutral,' and Akamai is upgraded to 'buy.'
Tuesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Akamai (AKAM) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Janney Capital
- Amazon.com (AMZN) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Cepheid (CPHD) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS
- Flextronics (FLEX) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Jabil Circuit (JBL) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Juniper (JNPR) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Silver Wheaton (SLW) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- Dominion (D) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies
- Southern Company (SO) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies
- Applied Materials (AMAT) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Needham
- McDonald's (MCD) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Cowen
- Thermo Fisher (TMO) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Mizuho
- Xcel Energy (XEL) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- Life Technologies (LIFE) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Mizuho
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
The solid report comes a month after the retailer closed all of its Canadian operations.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.