Analyst calls: BP downgraded
Elan is upgraded to 'market perform,' and Affymax is downgraded to 'neutral.'
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- AB InBev (BUD) upgraded to Neutral from Reduce at Nomura
- Cummins (CMI) upgraded to Conviction Buy from Buy at Goldman
- RockTenn (RKT) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Rockwood (ROC) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at First Analysis
- Safeway (SWY) upgraded to Neutral from Underperform at BofA/Merrill
- Southwestern Energy (SWN) upgraded to Conviction Buy from Buy at Goldman
- VMware (VMW) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at Citigroup
- WebMD (WBMD) upgraded to Strong Buy from Market Perform at Raymond James
- Elan (ELN) upgraded to Market Perform from Underperform at Leerink
- Sotheby's (BID) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Craig-Hallum
- Occidental Petroleum (OXY) upgraded at Raymond James
- Akamai (AKAM) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- Aeropostale (ARO) downgraded to Hold from Buy at KeyBanc
- Affymax (AFFY) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at RW Baird
- PetSmart (PETM) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Johnson Rice
- BP (BP) downgraded to Buy from Strong Buy at ISI Group
- Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at HSBC
- Teva (TEVA) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Argus
- Owens Corning (OC) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Heinz (HNZ) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
The company is scrambling to protect its equities arm, which could face declining volume and revenue as competitors close the gap.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.