Analyst calls: BP downgraded
Elan is upgraded to 'market perform,' and Affymax is downgraded to 'neutral.'
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- AB InBev (BUD) upgraded to Neutral from Reduce at Nomura
- Cummins (CMI) upgraded to Conviction Buy from Buy at Goldman
- RockTenn (RKT) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Rockwood (ROC) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at First Analysis
- Safeway (SWY) upgraded to Neutral from Underperform at BofA/Merrill
- Southwestern Energy (SWN) upgraded to Conviction Buy from Buy at Goldman
- VMware (VMW) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at Citigroup
- WebMD (WBMD) upgraded to Strong Buy from Market Perform at Raymond James
- Elan (ELN) upgraded to Market Perform from Underperform at Leerink
- Sotheby's (BID) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Craig-Hallum
- Occidental Petroleum (OXY) upgraded at Raymond James
- Akamai (AKAM) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- Aeropostale (ARO) downgraded to Hold from Buy at KeyBanc
- Affymax (AFFY) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at RW Baird
- PetSmart (PETM) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Johnson Rice
- BP (BP) downgraded to Buy from Strong Buy at ISI Group
- Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at HSBC
- Teva (TEVA) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Argus
- Owens Corning (OC) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Heinz (HNZ) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
Only one of these troubled companies is worth owning, says Jim Cramer.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.