Analyst calls: CBS upgraded
Boeing is downgraded to 'underweight,' and Vivus is downgraded to 'sell.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- GT Advanced (GTAT) upgraded to Hold from Underperform at Jefferies
- Juniper (JNPR) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Medtronic (MDT) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Mohawk (MHK) upgraded to Outperform from Underperform at Macquarie
- Rio Tinto (RIO) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup
- TAL International (TAL) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- CBS (CBS) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Wedbush
- Exelon (EXC) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- BNY Mellon (BK) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capita
- Boeing (BA) downgraded to Underweight from Hold at BB&T
- Cisco (CSCO) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Corning (GLW) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- Cree (CREE) downgraded to Underperform from Buy at Jefferies
- SAP (SAP) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
- Vivus (VVUS) downgraded to Sell from Hold at Brean Capital
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM) downgraded to Market Perform from Strong Buy at Raymond James
- Informatica (INFA) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Wedbush
- Xcel Energy (XEL) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- NextEra Energy (NEE) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Yum Brands (YUM) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Argus
- Goldman Sachs (GS) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Sandler O'Neill
- Aflac (AFL) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Raymond James
- Alkermes (ALKS) initiated with a Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Concho Resources (CXO) initiated with an Outperform at Imperial Capital
- Eli Lilly (LLY) initiated with a Sell at CLSA
- Mosaic (MOS) initiated with a Neutral at Credit Suisse
- CF Industries (CF) initiated with a Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Potash (POT) initiated with an Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Monsanto (MON) initiated with an Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Agrium (AGU) initiated with an Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Tenet Healthcare (THC) initiated with an Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
The idea of US crude being a shelter from turmoil abroad may not be as far fetched as it seems.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.