Analyst calls: Kellogg upgraded to 'buy'
Vivus is upgraded to 'hold,' and Principal Financial is upgraded to 'buy.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Kellogg (K) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- HCA Holdings (HCA) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Level 3 (LVLT) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Vivus (VVUS) upgraded to Hold from Sell at Brean Murray
- DirecTV (DTV) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Atlantic Equities
- Principal Financial (PFG) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Sterne Agee
- Alexion (ALXN) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS
- Kyocera (KYO) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Try as the bears might, they couldn't break U.S. stocks. But investors still face frothy prices and considerable headwinds.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.