Analyst calls: Hewlett-Packard upgraded
DuPont is downgraded to 'sell,' and Pacific Sunwear is upgraded to 'buy.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Diamond Offshore (DO) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at Goldman
- FactSet (FDS) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) upgraded to Hold from Underperform at Jefferies
- Pacific Sunwear (PSUN) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Topeka
- Seagate (STX) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Thomson Reuters (TRI) upgraded to Neutral from Underweight at Piper Jaffray
- VeriFone (PAY) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at SunTrust
- Dover (DOV) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- SunTrust (STI) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Guggenheim
- Starwood Hotels (HOT) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Blue Nile (NILE) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- Devon Energy (DVN) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- Flextronics (FLEX) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Patterson-UTI Energy (PTEN) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- Realty Income (O) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- DuPont (DD) downgraded to Sell from Hold at BGC Partners
- Comerica (CMA) downgraded to Negative from Neutral at Susquehanna
- Gartner (IT) initiated with a Market Perform at BMO Capital
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) coverage assumed with an Underperform at Credit Suisse
- Wyndham (WYN) initiated with a Buy at Stifel
- Signature Bank (SBNY) initiated with a Buy at Maxim
- New Gold (NGD) initiated with a Buy at Global Hunter
- NVIDIA (NVDA) initiated with a Hold at Topeka
- InvenSense (INVN) initiated with a Buy at Topeka
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Tighter regulations and the end of a lengthy bull market in bonds have changed the landscape forever.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.