Analyst calls: Halliburton upgraded
Ford is downgraded to 'equal weight,' and Saks is initiated with a 'buy.'
Friday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- EBay (EBAY) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Bernstein
- JPMorgan (JPM) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Sony (SNE) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Tiffany (TIF) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at HSBC
- Amgen (AMGN) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Argus
- CF Industries (CF) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Dahlman Rose
- Agrium (AGU) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Dahlman Rose
- Panera Bread (PNRA) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Miller Tabak
- Halliburton (HAL) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Global Hunter
- Canadian Pacific (CP) downgraded to Sell from Hold at Canaccord
- Flowserve (FLS) downgraded to Buy from Strong Buy at CL King
- Ford (F) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Barclays
- Goldman Sachs (GS) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- IAMGOLD (IAG) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- Medtronic (MDT) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Wunderlich
- Noble Corp. (NE) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- United Continental (UAL) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at BofA/Merrill, and to Neutral from Buy at Buckingham
- MGIC Investment (MTG) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- Cypress Semiconductor (CY) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Wunderlich
- Accenture (ACN) initiated with an Overweight at Evercore
- Amazon.com (AMZN) initiated with a Buy at ISI Group
- Aon Corp. (AON) initiated with a Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Red Hat (RHT) initiated with an Outperform at Northland Securities
- Sarepta (SRPT) initiated with an Outperform at Cowen
- EBay (EBAY) initiated with a Positive at Susquehanna.
- Saks (SKS) initiated with a Buy at Maxim
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
Consumers are very status conscious in Asia, Africa and other emerging-market areas. This is especially true in China.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.