Analyst calls: Google, Yahoo downgraded
Apple was initiated with a 'buy,' while Nokia was upgraded to 'outperform.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Barclays (BCS) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Pacific Sunwear (PSUN) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Janney Capital
- Nokia (NOK) upgraded to Outperform from Underperform at Credit Suisse
- Take-Two (TTWO) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at MKM Partners
- Anadarko (APC) upgraded to Strong Buy from Outperform at Raymond James
- Google (GOOG) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Benchmark Co
- Yahoo (YHOO) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- Boston Beer (SAM) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- Exelon (EXC) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
- Constellation Energy (CEG) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
- Consolidated Edison (ED) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
- BlackRock (BLK) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Sterne Agee
- Vale (VALE) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at UBS
- J.B. Hunt (JBHT) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- C.H. Robinson (CHRW) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- Pall (PLL) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- Ericsson (ERIC) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Credit Suisse
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
Some investment advisers are entertaining that possibility, especially in light of Monday's triple-digit loss in the Dow.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.