Analyst calls: Carnival downgraded to 'neutral'
Goldman downgrades Philip Morris, while CIBC upgrades Potash Corp.
Tuesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Charles Schwab (SCHW) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- LyondellBasell (LYB) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- Medtronic (MDT) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Applied Materials (AMAT) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Potash (POT) upgraded to Sector Outperformer from Sector Performer at CIBC
- Panera Bread (PNRA) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Hess Corp. (HES) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Howard Weil
- Intel (INTC) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JP Morgan
- AK Steel (AKS) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank
- UPS (UPS) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- FedEx (FDX) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- Canadian National (CNI) downgraded to Underperform from Hold at Jefferies
- Dreamworks (DWA) downgraded to Sell from Neutral at Goldman
- IntercontinentalExchange (ICE) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Philip Morris (PM) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Regeneron (REGN) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Roth Capital
- Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at RW Baird
- JetBlue (JBLU) downgraded to Sell from Hold at Dahlman Rose
- Carnival (CCL) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JP Morgan
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Howard Weil
- Consol Energy (CNX) initiated with a Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Steel Dynamics (STLD) initiated with a Buy at Deutsche Bank
- Microsoft (MSFT) initiated with an Outperform at Raymond James
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
The market's cheap money addiction is laid bare. No one knows how it will end.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.