Analyst calls: Big Lots upgraded to 'overweight'
Prudential is upgraded to 'overweight,' and Staples is downgraded to 'sell.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Big Lots (BIG) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- East West Bancorp (EWBC) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Post Properties (PPS) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Wunderlich
- Prudential (PRU) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Evercore, and to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Tempur-Pedic (TPX) upgraded to Strong Buy from Market Perform at Raymond James
- Vulcan Materials (VMC) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Costco (COST) upgraded to Buy from Hold at ISI Group
- Dolby (DLB) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- Human Genome (HGSI) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Leerink
- Martin Marietta (MLM) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- Staples (SPLS) downgraded to Sell from Hold at ISI Group
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
The Fed may start tapering in just a few months. Here are a few of the likely winners and losers.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.