Analyst calls: Big Lots upgraded to 'overweight'
Prudential is upgraded to 'overweight,' and Staples is downgraded to 'sell.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Big Lots (BIG) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays
- East West Bancorp (EWBC) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Post Properties (PPS) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Wunderlich
- Prudential (PRU) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Evercore, and to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- Tempur-Pedic (TPX) upgraded to Strong Buy from Market Perform at Raymond James
- Vulcan Materials (VMC) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Costco (COST) upgraded to Buy from Hold at ISI Group
- Dolby (DLB) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- Human Genome (HGSI) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Leerink
- Martin Marietta (MLM) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- Staples (SPLS) downgraded to Sell from Hold at ISI Group
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
The company plans to close stores and lay off employees, and says it needs to make some deeper changes.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.