Analyst calls: US Airways, AMR
HP and RIM are upgraded, while Dillard's is downgraded. Boeing is initiated with a 'buy.'
As the nation's third-largest airline, American Airlines, and its parent company AMR (AMR) filed for bankruptcy protection Tuesday, the much smaller US Airways (LCC) was upgraded to "neutral" from "sell" at Citigroup.
Meanwhile, Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) was upgraded to "outperform" from "sector perform" at RBC Capital. And after being downgraded Monday, Research In Motion (RIMM) was upgraded to "market perform" from "underperform" at Bernstein.
Tuesday's noteworthy downgrades:
- Dillard's (DDS) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Sterne Agee
- Zions Bancorp (ZION) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- Nabors Industries (NBR) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
Tuesday's noteworthy initiations:
- Qualcomm (QCOM) initiated with an Outperform at Scotia Capital
- Schlumberger (SLB) initiated with a Buy at Jefferies
- Boeing (BA) initiated with a Buy at Sterne Agee
- DuPont (DD) initiated with a Neutral at UBS
- Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) initiated with an Overweight at Stephens
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
Traders might want to bite on BABA, but long-term investors have reasons to wait.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.